Bighorn Helicopters Inc. ?Then & Now?
The Company’s Current owners began with light category aircraft at the main Cranbrook, BC location and Blairmore, AB satellite base. With dedication, hardwork, and a little luck, Bighorn Helicopters Inc. achieved growth in the Company Operations and aircraft fleet during the 1990’s with the addition of the Fernie, BC, and Springbank Airport, AB bases. Utility support operations expanded with the inclusion of Commercial and Private Helicopter pilot training and fleet diversification with the R44, MD500, and AS350 series aircraft. The new millennium brought changes for the Company with the sale of the helicopter pilot school and R44 aircraft. Bighorn Helicopters Inc. now focuses on turbine helicopter operations and customers providing an expansive array of helicopter support in Canada. Our fleet has recently grown with the addition of a twin engine BK117 helicopter equipped with a convertible interior (passenger seating or medical capacity) enhancing Bighorn Helicopters Inc.'s ability of Utility industry support, emergency response, and medivac's.
Bighorn Helicopters Inc. Quick Stats:
- Privately owned and operated charter helicopter company.
- Owners have 20 plus years in the aviation industry.
- Friendly, qualified, capable personnel, our professional team of Pilots, Engineers, Management, and support staff strive on a daily basis for the Company and Customers best interests.
- Operating 6 light and intermediate category utility, executive comfort helicopters and one twin engine heavy intermediate helicopter equipped with a convertible interior.
- Diverse charter operation as per the ‘charter services’ and ‘wildlife management’ links.
- Mountain flying, rescue, and remote area flying are among the Company’s specialties.
- Goals: SAFETY and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION with Bighorn Helicopters Inc..
- Corporate Safety Management System in action.
- Company Quality Assurance Program in action.